Readit is definitely one of the best Reddit apps on Windows, giving Reddit power users the ability to make the most out of the service, whether it’s browsing different sub-reddits or commenting. The thing I really like about the developers behind Readit is that they push out regular updates for their apps, and introduce new features and bug fixes in almost every release. Not too long ago, the developer pushed out another bug fixing update, bumping it to version 184.108.40.206.
The update brings more usability improvements to enhance the overall user experience, which is always more preferred as the app acts stable during normal usage. Additionally, moderators have something to cheer about as Moderator Mail is now available in the hamburger menu and to the inbox drop down.
Here’s the complete change log for the latest update
- Swiping on the last/first album image will no longer cause the swipe view to engage
- When zoomed in on an image in a post or in the album viewer, panning the image will no longer cause swipe view or the album’s swipe view to engage
- Moderator mail has been added to the hamburger menu and to the inbox dropdown. Only visible/available to mods of reddit obviously.
- Supports toasts (you will not get duplicates)
- If you have both new notifications and mod mail, you will receive a toast that says you have “new notifications and moderator mail”
- If a single mod mail message is received, the username in the title of the toast notification will have [mod] in front of it
- i.reddituploads.com will now display natively as an image instead of in a browser
- Clicking the share button from comments view will now share the permalink to the comments instead of the post content url
- App slowdowns should be actually fixed this time. Unfortunately there is still a deadlock crash but rarely occurs and I can’t catch it when the app is in debug mode. Only occurs when running a “release” build. This actually may be an OS bug as the entire phone will probably restart and crash.
- Overall performance should be better in this build
- Fixed some markdown link bugs where text would cutoff
- Fixed shortlinks not navigating properly for subreddits/users
- Fixed a bug with certain imgur links where they would not display in the post viewer
- Fixed back buttons returns to post content setting causing a black screen when using the back button in the comments section
If you happen to be a regular user of Readit on Windows 10, head over to the Windows Store and grab the updated app.Further reading: Microsoft, Readit, Windows 10