Microsoft appears to be bolstering its Azure service proposition with the addition of Rackspace support for Managed Identity and Access.
According to a press release from the Rackspace blog,
Rackspace is expanding our Fanatical Support for Microsoft Azure portfolio of services to include Managed Identity and Access. Through this solution, we will leverage Azure Active Directory, coupled with Rackspace expertise and Fanatical Support, to help customers simplify identities that are spread across cloud services and corporate Active Directory environments.
For those unfamiliar with how Microsoft’s Azure works with Rackspace, the press release goes into brief detail about the relationship.
- Managed Identity and Access spans application management, security and digital platform support. Other solutions in our Azure portfolio include Managed Security for Microsoft Azure, Managed Application Services for Microsoft Azure. Rackspace also offers a fully dedicated, hosted private cloud solution powered by Hyper-V Server and System Center.
- Aside from the tight integration that comes with using Microsoft’s Azure service to manage customer identities with Rackspace, users also benefit from the following:
- Active Directory expertise: Customers have unlimited access to a Microsoft Certified Master in Active Directory and 250+ dedicated Microsoft Certified Experts at Rackspace
- Future proof identity strategy: Rackspace designs and delivers identity strategies that enable simplified authentication and access for current and future business needs
- Rapid deployment time of cloud identity: Customers receive guidance and best practices for rapid deployments of their cloud-based active directories from Rackspace, which has 14 years of collaboration with Microsoft
- Reliable solutions for maximum uptime: Customers receive proactive monitoring and alerting for identity synchronization and cloud-based domain controllers
- Minimize costs of Identity and Access: Customers eliminate the need for on-premises hardware and maintenance expenses as well as the need to have IAM experts in house
For more on the additional support and what Rackspace plans to provide customers searching for specific identity needs, read the full press release here.
Additional information will be given to attendees of this year’s Microsoft Ignite conference at booth 521 as well.