R.B.I. Baseball 17 has been announced for launch on Microsoft’s Xbox One video game console in spring of this year. This will be the fourth entry in the R.B.I. Baseball video game franchise and will cost $19.99 on the Xbox One.
Along with the game announcement, the official R.B.I. Baseball website also revealed that Dodgers shortstop and 2016 NL Rookie of the Year, Cory Seager, will be featured on the game’s cover artwork (see above). “After a breakout rookie season, the 22-year-old Seager will be the second youngest player ever to be featured on an official MLB video game cover,” the official announcement reads. “Seager hit .308 with 26 home runs, 72 RBI, 105 runs scored and 40 doubles in his first full season, statistically among the best rookie seasons ever for a shortstop. He finished 2016 ranked among the National League’s top 10 hitters in batting average, slugging percentage and runs scored.”
Here’s the full list of game features revealed thus far:
- Accessible, Fast-paced, Fun: Play a full nine-inning game in under 20 minutes with easy-to-use two button controls
- Awesome Game Modes: Season, Postseason, Exhibition and Online and Local Multiplayer, including season saving and siming capabilities
- Authentic MLB Experience: Play with all 30 MLB teams, 30 detailed ballparks and over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes
- Your Team, Your Way: Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I baseball rosters. Stay current with downloadable roster updates throughout the 2017 season
- Stats: Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons
Are you excited for R.B.I. Baseball 17 on Xbox One? Let us know in the comments below.