Project Siena Beta 3 released, comes with new features and enhancements
Project Siena is an excellent tool that helps businesses create apps for Windows 8. Recently, Microsoft released the third beta of the Project Siena tool, which brings a handful of enhancements and bug fixes including the one-click read/write connection to social networks, data visualization via interactive charts, international language support, and plethora of improvements to enhance overall user experience.
Microsoft describes Project Siena as “a breakthrough technology that enables your business experts, analysts, and imagineers to create transformative business apps. With Siena, they can now build custom apps with rich visuals, filled with custom intelligence and functionality, with no programming skills required.”
Here’s a list of key enhancements introduced in Beta 3:
- One-click read/write connection to Yammer, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Coursera, Bing Search, and Bing Translate.
- Connections to more types of RESTful services with OAuth 1 and OAuth 2 support.
- A WADL accelerator for the ecosystem to rapidly create connections to RESTful services – this will be released over the next four weeks.
- Write back to SharePoint lists.
- Data visualization through interactive charts.
- International languages support throughout the UI and in formulas and functions – this will be released over the next four weeks.
- Across the board improvements, including more control over interactivity and design.
Head over to the VIA link below to get more informationMicrosoft, Project Siena