Microsoft has released a fresh update for its PowerToys suite of tools, bringing it to version 0.27. This update is mostly focused on multi-monitor support improvements in FancyZones and brings a new look for built-in tools such as Image Resizer and Color Picker.
Today we shipped #powerToys 0.27.0. We have done a lot of accessibility improvements, drastically improved multi-mon support in FancyZones, a more powerful Color Picker and wrapped up about 100 issues too.https://t.co/E5SUA21l2C
— Clint Rutkas (@ClintRutkas) December 1, 2020
The company noted that it skipped version 0.26 for “higher priority work,” and the much-awaited Video Conference Mute utility is expected to launch next week with the experimental v0.26.
“This will be coming in about a week’s time. We need additional work done here to ship this out. It will be 0.28 Experimental and will be 0.27 + The video conference utility. We skipped 0.26’s release for higher priority work,” the company explained.
Here is the full changelog for PowerToys version 0.27:
- Installer improvements including dark mode
- Large sums of accessibility issues fixed.
- Worked on localization effort. If you find issues, please [make us aware so we can correct them][loc-bug].
- Updated interface and new editor experience done by @martinchrzan and @niels9001
- Multi-monitor editor experience now drastically improved for discoverability.
- Zones being forgotten on restart
- Added in ability to have no layout
- Updated interface
- Removed unused dependencies
- Added Lookbehind support via Boost library
As usual, the new PowerToys version is available to download from the official Github page. If you’re interested, you can also check out our separate post to learn more about the multi-monitor improvements made to FancyZones.