Details on Microsoft Power BI’s August update have been announced on the official Power BI blog and there’s quite a few features users will appreciate.
The biggest change in the Power BI August update is the new ability to export reports as a PDF file, a feature that was apparently the most-requested in Microsoft’s UserVoice. Other changes include the introduction of bookmark groups, theming being made generally available, improvements to Q & A, and a better experience when viewing content between Power BI Desktop and Power BI Premium.
Here’s the full release notes.
- Print reports through Export to PDF
- Create bookmark groups
- Theming generally available
- Slicer restatement
- Conditional formatting by values
- Python integration (preview)
- Q&A improvements
- Q&A in Power BI Desktop generally available
- Better matching experience for Power BI Desktop and Power BI Premium
- Data categories for measures
- Statistical DAX functions
- 3AG Systems – Column Chart with Variance
- Scatter Chart by Akvelon
- Small Multiples Line Chart
- Add Natural Language Summaries for BI
- Pivot Slicer
- Spark connector generally available
Are you a Power BI user? What aspect of this update do you like the most? Let us know in the comments below and then like us on Facebook for more Microsoft news.