There are plenty of apps in the Windows Store for entertainment and fun, but how about an app to teach you about Microsoft's technologies? Check out Posterpedia for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT - a free app created by a member of Microsoft's Cloud and Server team.
Curious as to what Windows Azure is all about? Looking to gain a better insight into the Hyper-V architecture? Posterpedia is a simple app that combines graphical content (or posters) with content from MSDN and Technet, and is updated frequently with new material to keep your knowledge up.
The app showcases the poster and gives you the option to download it as well. These posters are a great way to provide visual references for understanding particular technologies. Posterpedia was recently updated to version 2 and contains the following new features:
- Image hotspots that allow you to get content specific to a part of the poster (new).
- Semantic zoom that enables easy navigation of the different groups (new).
- A full-screen viewing mode without the chrome and hotspots (new).
- The ability to share a link to a poster through email (new).
- App bar buttons specific to each poster.
- Technical content for Hyper-V, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Exchange Server 2010, Exchange Server 2007, SharePoint Server 2010, Windows Azure, SQL Server, Lync Server 2010, and Office 2013.
Hit the download link below to snag the app. Try it out and let us know in the comments below if you like it! You can also check out a video of the app in action, embedded below for your viewing pleasure.