Popular third-party Google Maps app ‘Maps+’ for Windows Phone 8 receives minor update
A popular third-party Google Maps app for Windows Phone 8, called Maps+, has received an update over the weekend. The update is minor and bumps the version number to 18.104.22.168.
In this update, you can now get directions from point A to point B, or from/to my location. There is also an option to prevent the lock screen from coming up when running the app. This option is now available in the app settings.
Here are the key features of this app for those who have never used it:
- Street View & See Inside – Tour cities in 360-degree panorama and see inside restaurants, museums and more
- 3D Maps with Buildings & Landmarks – Search for big cities like Las Vegas and explore the skyscrapers in 3D
- Waze live Traffic & Incidents – See current traffic conditions and incident reports before you set off and while you’re on the go
- 3D Compass Mode – Use My Location and Compass Mode to find and orient yourself on the map
- Voice Search & Voice Command – Control the app with voice and speak your search queries instead of typing
- Place Search – Find local results with useful info like photos, open now, hours, price, distance and heading directions from your location
- True Offline Maps – Download maps for any regions and save on data costs or use them later when you’re not connected to the internet
- Discover the best spots in town – Read ratings and reviews and view place photos to decide where to eat, play, shop and more
Maps+ runs for $0.99 and is available now for download. You can also try the app before you buy it. Hit the download link below to snag the updated app.Google, Windows Phone