Plex for Xbox One adds chapter select and preview thumbnails
The Plex for Xbox has updated with a variety of bug fixes and new features. Amongst some of the cooler new additions are new chapter titles, preview thumbnails, and a new music mini player.
Here’s the full release notes for this latest Plex for Xbox update:
- Added chapter titles to the chapter selection
- Added the ability to focus the progress bar and move the playhead to seek more accurately
- Added preview thumbnails while seeking (when available)
- Adjusted rewind and fast-foward behavior to move the playhead automatically at 1x, 2x or 3x speed
- Added new music mini player
- Added new user button design in the application header
- Fixed missing ‘Collections’ and ‘Albums’ link from dashboards
- Fixed shuffle commands received from companion apps not being recognized
- Fixed dashboard hubs sometimes failing to load when switching between Home users
- Fixed advancing to the same item as the one currently playing putting the player in a broken state
- Fixed focus not being restored when returning to playlists list page
- Fixed missing placeholder for chapter selection preview thumbnails
- Fixed broken focus behaviour when pressing right twice quickly on settings
- Avoid forced transcodes for HDR content on SDR displays
Plex for Xbox is an all-in-one media consumption app that allows users to stream video, photos, and music and even record live TV, essentially giving the Xbox One consoles DVR functionality.
Do you have Plex for Xbox on your gaming console? Let us know what features you use most in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox content.