PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) gets new cosmetics, fixes in latest Xbox One update
The 12th patch for the Xbox One version of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (or PUBG for short) is expected to roll out to console owners over the next 24 hours.
This latest update for the incredibly popular video game fixes a huge number of bugs relating to gameplay and user experience though the more-interesting part of the update for most will be the addition of a new cosmetics crate called the Western Military Crate. The Western Military Crate can be purchased with BP and features a variety of new clothes and accessories for gamers to dress their avatar up in (see above image for a sample).
Here’s the official release notes for Xbox Game Preview Patch Notes #12.
Optimization and Stabilization
- Partially optimized the vehicle system. The dust effect caused by friction with the ground during driving has especially been optimized, and the vehicle system has been improved in part.
- Fixed a problem with voice chat that caused some crashes.
- Grass objects in Erangel have been optimized and will continue to be optimized going forward.
- Fixed a serious bug that caused vehicles to flip or get airtime for no reason. This includes the three-wheel bike.
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the character would be upside down or seated in a strange position when moving seats while riding in vehicles.
- Player will receive more damage in a vehicle collision. The heavier the vehicle, the greater the damage inflicted upon the player. Also, players are now more likely to die or be knocked out when colliding with a vehicle running at high speed.
- The vehicle passenger will receive more damage when the vehicle crashes into an obstacle like a wall or tree. When crashing into something at high speed on a smaller vehicle, such as a motorcycle, the player will take much more damage.
- Fixed issue causing the 4x scope to be excessively reflective.
- Fixed issue causing certain UI layouts not being properly aligned.
- Fixed issue of buttons bound to the UI(map, inventory etc.) affecting vehicle operation.
- Fixed issue of equipment icons not shown properly on the HUD.
- Fixed issue of LT, RT scrolling not working in the inventory when using controller preset B.
- Fixed issue of excessive acceleration when the stick is tilted more than a certain angle depending on the R stick acceleration setting.
- Fixed issue of team member indicators incorrectly showing on the plane
Other Bug Fixes
- Removed collision of discarded magazine on the floor after reloading.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that occurred when characters wore certain clothing or shoes.
- Fixed issue of fonts breaking up in case of certain languages.
- Scheduled fixes for identified issues: When changing the deadzone settings in the lobby, the options screen needs to be opened once again for the settings to be reflected. This issue will be fixed soon.
- Cosmetics: Added a new free crate (“Western Military Crate”) that can be earned with BP.
PUBG continues to be one of the biggest video games in the industry right now and has well over 5 million players on Xbox One even though it just came to the console in late-2017.
Are you playing PUBG on your Xbox One? Let us know what you think of the update below and make sure to follow us on Pinterest for more PUBG and Xbox content.