The massively popular battle royale video game, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), has graduated from Game Preview (open beta) and is now live on the Xbox One as a full, proper, title.
Gamers who had been playing the Game Preview will receive the new 1.0 version of PUBG as part of today’s free update. Everyone else can purchase it as a physical disk or digitally via the Microsoft Store.
In addition to removing the Game Preview label from the game, today’s big update also adds a new map called Sanhok, a new game mode called War Mode, in-game currency to buy cosmetics, and the Event Pass for Sanhok.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds also now has Xbox Achievements, 37 in total. Of these 37 Xbox Achievements, 9 will automatically unlock for those who had already met the requirements while playing the Game Preview:
- Last Survivor – Win a Match 10 Times
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner – Obtain a Chicken Dinner in Solo
- Dynamic Duo – Obtain a Chicken Dinner in Duos
- Fantastic Four – Obtain a Chicken Dinner in Squads
- Long and Winding Road – Kill 1000 Players
- Collateral Damage – Kill 100 Players
- Devil Inside Me – Kill 10 Players
- Blood On My Hands – Kill a Player
- Airborne – Jump 101 Times
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds debuted on Microsoft’s Xbox One consoles in late-2017 and attracted over 3 million players in just its first month. By March this year, the number of Xbox One players playing PUBG had reached 5 million.
Do you play PUBG on your Xbox One and have you had a chance to play the full version yet? Share your impressions with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox content.