PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) 1.0 launches on Xbox One, Achievements now live
The massively popular battle royale video game, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), has graduated from Game Preview (open beta) and is now live on the Xbox One as a full, proper, title.
Gamers who had been playing the Game Preview will receive the new 1.0 version of PUBG as part of today’s free update. Everyone else can purchase it as a physical disk or digitally via the Microsoft Store.
In addition to removing the Game Preview label from the game, today’s big update also adds a new map called Sanhok, a new game mode called War Mode, in-game currency to buy cosmetics, and the Event Pass for Sanhok.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds also now has Xbox Achievements, 37 in total. Of these 37 Xbox Achievements, 9 will automatically unlock for those who had already met the requirements while playing the Game Preview:
- Last Survivor – Win a Match 10 Times
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner – Obtain a Chicken Dinner in Solo
- Dynamic Duo – Obtain a Chicken Dinner in Duos
- Fantastic Four – Obtain a Chicken Dinner in Squads
- Long and Winding Road – Kill 1000 Players
- Collateral Damage – Kill 100 Players
- Devil Inside Me – Kill 10 Players
- Blood On My Hands – Kill a Player
- Airborne – Jump 101 Times
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds debuted on Microsoft’s Xbox One consoles in late-2017 and attracted over 3 million players in just its first month. By March this year, the number of Xbox One players playing PUBG had reached 5 million.
Do you play PUBG on your Xbox One and have you had a chance to play the full version yet? Share your impressions with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Xbox content.