Microsoft Pix, a smart camera app for iOS developed by Microsoft Garage, has just received a new update. The new version 1.0.12 is now compatible with iOS 10 Widgets and it also brings supports for 3D Touch on select iPhones. Additionally, the app now adapts to Apple’s True Tone Display technology, which uses ambient light sensors to improve color fidelity on your pictures.
Here is the full changelog:
- New: Widget support – The Pix widget for Lock and Today screens lets you jump directly to photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery. To enable the widget on iOS 10, swipe left on the lock screen, and tap “Edit,” then scroll down and add the Microsoft Pix widget.
- New: 3D Touch support – On iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, 7, and 7 Plus, you can now use 3D Touch by pressing the Microsoft Pix icon on home screen to jump directly to photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery.
- New: True Tone Display for iOS 10 – The iOS 10 True Tone display is enabled for Microsoft Pix. This helps make the color of your picture look as accurate as possible in all lighting conditions.
- New: Gallery scrolling performance is improved in iOS 10.
- Bug fixes for reported crashes
Microsoft Pix is available for both iPhones and iPads and it’s a pretty interesting app that automatically tweaks camera settings to enhance your shots. You can download it from the download link below.