The whack-a-mole like game of apps in both Window Store and Windows Phone store is reaching a dizzying pace as of late. Some apps are being pulled or losing support while others are making splashy debuts.
For many, the lack of legitimate credit card transaction apps has been a pain point for the Windows ecosystem. With high profile apps and hardware extensions like Square missing from the platform, small businesses have had to create makeshift solutions or look elsewhere for their needs to be met.
PayPal Here attempts to help remedy some of those frustrations. In an earlier report, a PayPal Here app for Window Phone devices is scheduled for release in Nov. Today, however a PayPal Here app is available on Windows 8.1. Users of PayPal services can download the credit card transaction app from the Windows Store. PayPal and Microsoft also partnered to offer merchants an ad hoc promotional discount in celebration of the apps launch. Users of the app can look forward to 1.9% tax on eligible swipe transactions done in North America rather than the usual 2.7% charge. The promotion runs from today until June 15th. There is no word yet as to how the fees will be processed outside of the US during this promotion.
The new app features:
- POS (Point of Sale)
- Mobile credit card reader
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal, plus track cash/check payments and send invoices
- Fast access to your funds, usually available in your PayPal account in just minutes
- Manage your back-office on your mobile device or computer
- Run daily, weekly, monthly, or custom sales reports
- One account works for multiple locations; create sub-accounts for your staff
- World-class, PCI-compliant security and 24/7 Live customer support
Microsoft is also selling PayPal Here card readers at their physical Microsoft Store locations for $15 for those looking to invest in a PayPal option. Small businesses looking to outfit their POS solutions with Microsoft and Paypal can also find Surface Pro 3, WindFall stands, and Kensington ClickSafe cable locks for roughly around $936.Further reading: credit card, Microsoft, paypal, POS, swipe, Tablet, Windows 10