On the Windows blog, Panasonic announced the new Toughbook 33, a new Windows 10-powered 2-in-1 device that looks like it can handle just about anything you can throw at it. The Toughbook 33 is inspired by mobile professionals that need a device that will work in all kinds of weather conditions, which is why the Toughbook 33 was constructed to meet MIL-STD-810G and IP65 standards. Able to handle most drops, this Toughbook is running Windows 10, using an 7th gen i5 or i7 Intel processor, a 3:2 QHD display, and IP55 digitizer pen with Windows Ink support.
The Toughbook 33 can use the infrared webcam with Windows Hello support or the integrated fingerprint reader to log in quickly and securely to keep your work documents safe. The Toughbook 33 2-in-1 laptop works with Cortana and Microsoft Edge with two swappable batteries available, offering 10 hours of battery life or for up to 20 hours in “Long Life Battery” mode when you need the extra battery life. The Toughbook 33 can run as well as a laptop or a tablet, depending on what your job demands.
Here is a look at the other features available from the Panasonic Toughbook 33:
- 1080p webcam and an 8MP rear camera
- Up to 10 hours battery life, or up to 20 with the optional Long Life Battery configuration; twin-battery design for hot-swap battery replacement
- 256GB SSD with heater (optional 512GB), 8GB onboard RAM (optional 16GB)
- Choice of Barcode or Serial (true) or 2nd USB, Choice of Insertable SmartCard or Contactless Smartcard or Fingerprint readers
- 12.0” 3:2 QHD 2160×1440 wide-view angle display with direct bonding, and a 1200 nit sunlight-viewable screen
- Magnesium alloy chassis, MIL-STD-810G and IP65 all-weather design, in addition
- Available with two different vehicle docks for new deployments: a tablet vehicle dock and a 2-in-1 vehicle dock. For Panasonic’s large customer installation base of Toughbook 31 vehicle docks, Panasonic is also offering a drop-in-replacement 31 Vehicle Dock Adapter (VDA) with removable Lite Keyboard.
The Panasonic Toughbook 33 pricing will start at $3,649.00 and will be available for pre-order later this month.