Microsoft’s new Edge browser has some arguable shortcomings on both PCs and smartphones. Fortunately, for users on PCs, they are only a few clicks away from some rather impressive alternatives. The same, unfortunately, cannot be said for mobile users. Windows 10 Mobile Insiders, as of right now, are limited to a handful of alternative browser choices.
The good news is, among the handful of choices for a varied browsing experience, Opera Mini is one of them. Earlier today, Opera Mini for Windows Phone was updated to version 9.0.9221. The update lacked a changelog, typically indicating the bump in numbering is the result of some optimizations, performance boost and bug fixes.
Anecdotal experience with the updated Opera Mini show no big advancements, however, that doesn’t mean there weren’t features we may have missed in reporting.
Some of Opera Mini’s current features include:
- Speed Dial – Set all your favorite websites on the home screen of the browser. Add as many entries as you like!
- Combined address and search bar – Search Google directly by typing into the address bar at any time.
- Tabs – Have more tabs open at the same time, allowing you to switch quickly between different sites while browsing.
- Be social: Share your favorite content across social media instantly!
- Browse safely: Opera’s focus on security and data privacy keeps you safer on the web.
- Get more privacy: Browse in Opera Mini’s private tabs and prevent your browsing history from being stored on your device.
- More customization: Choose from designer background images and browse in the style you love.
If you happen to use Opera Mini for Windows Phone and received the latest update, please let us know if there is anything of note to add.