Online and Mobile Marketing Worlds Collide Tomorrow In NYC
MSearchGroove named media partner for brave new Mobile Cross-Media Marketing event
NEW YORK CITY, U.S. and COLOGNE, Germany – October 12, 2010 – What is mobile and what is online? A raft of recent reports suggest more than half of Web usage will occur via mobile by 2013, a trend driven by the advance of smartphones and connected devices that blur the boundaries between wired and wireless.
The result is a new requirement for a more intelligent, multi-channel approach to marketing and publishing. MediaCrossMedia (MXM) – an inaugural event organized by ADObjects in cooperation with InternetMarketingConference (IMC) — is the first in a series of unique mobile cross-media events that will prepare marketers, agencies and publishers to harness mobile and online to architect a converged and effective cross-media strategy.
Over 30 authorities from leading companies including iCrossing, Insight Express, Google, MTV, Strawberry Frog and Tweetdeck will join in the one-day, one-stream event to explore key issues and questions including:
· How can I leverage a mobile strategy efficiently with my existing online resources?
· How can I ensure that users – online and mobile – access and appreciate my website?
· Who are the best online partners to consider?
· How can I evolve my online customer acquisition and retention strategies for mobile?
· How to I manage analytics and social media strategies to include mobile?
· What should I do about transferring my online rich media assets and video to mobile?
The event is preceded today by a sell-out training day/mobile marketing boot camp run by Matthew Snyder, CEO & Founder of ADObjects, a company providing action-oriented guidance to help clients leverage mobile in their cross-media strategies.
“There is no such thing as a silo’d mobile audience,” Snyder says. “Today it’s all about context and managing a multitude of different device types and screen sizes on the go. It’s not about selling just the mobile channel; it’s about marketers selling for the context and delivery across all the different channels and screens.”
MSearchGroove, the source of commentary and analysis on mobile marketing, mobile search and social media, has become a premiere media sponsor and offers readers a last-minute discount for the event.
To take advantage of this limited offer readers can register at www.mediacrossmedia.com and enter the code IMCMSE to receive an instant 20 percent discount. News from the event and excerpts from the speakers will also be broadcast tomorrow in a live stream via Ustream (http://www.ustream.tv/mxmmobilecrossmedia).
MXM speakers and topics include:
· A keynote address from Ralph Simon — CEO, Mobilium, and founding member of the Mobile Entertainment Forum — best known for spearheading the mobile strategies of artists including Lady Gaga and U2.
· Bill Hunt, President, Back Azimuth Consulting, will moderate Search Engine Marketing in a multi-device world. Online and Mobile SEO/SEM (a panel with Rachel Pasqua, Director Mobile Group, iCrossing; Jordan Kasteler, Managing Partner, BlueGlass Interactive, Inc.; Elliott Nix, Senior Executive, Mobile Ads, Google; and Gillian Muessig, President, SEOmoz)
· Samantha Skey, Chief Revenue Officer, Recycle Bank, will moderate Display marketing in a multi-device world (a panel with Dave Gwozdz, CEO, Mojiva; Patricia Clark, Head of National Sales, North America, InMobi; Marc Theermann , Vice President of Mobile, AdMeld; Jamie Wells, Director, Global Trade Marketing, Microsoft Advertising; Todd Pasternack, PointRoll)
· Matthew Snyder will moderate Mobile Applications in a converging world (a panel with Boris Friedman, CEO, CrispWireless; Andy Miller, CEO, CardStar; Matt Myers, CMO & co-founder, Shooger)
· Social media marketing (a panel moderated by Evan Neufeld, SVP, Groundtruth, with Justin Seigel, CEO & Co-Founder, MocoSpace; Dan Melinger, CEO & Co-Founder, Socialight; Sam Mandel, EVP of Business Operations, TweetDeck; Robert Victor, VP of Product, Appssavvy)
· Cross-media analytics (a panel with Joy Luizzo, Senior Director, Marketing and Mobile Research, InsightExpress; David Harper, CEO & Co-Founder, PercentMobile; Bob Walzcek, CEO, Ringleader Digital; Chris Quick, Manager, Client Services Mobile Media, The Nielsen Company)
· Cross-media video (a panel with Michael Hirshoren, VP Sales and Business Development, Rhythm New Media; Welby Chen, VP, Client Services &Inventory Management, VEVO; Bill Livek, CEO, Rentrak Corporation; and Ashley King, Gannett Digital Media Network)
The conference day ends with a keynote titled Emotional Movement On-the-Go… from Suzana Apelbaum, ECD Strawberry Frog. It will examine ways companies can and must move content and marketing across platforms.
Her speech will be followed by a special preview live performance from artist Miz Metro. The artist will pre-release a new location-linked iPhone app that brings together on-the-go underground information and music nearby you tips. The app also allows fans to add comments (sticky-note) her live music in real-time and based on location. The audience at MXM will have the opportunity to trial the app prior to its official release during CMJ music festival in New York City the following week.
“MSearchGroove is proud to be a media partner for the event, which breaks new ground and breaks down the silos in our mobile and online strategies,” notes Peggy Anne Salz, MSearchGroove Chief Analyst and Co-Founder. “Context determines strategy, not the device or the platform. For this reason, companies need “consistent strategies that will allow them to be pervasive and persuasive.”
In addition to media sponsorships, MSearchGroove produces interviews and podcasts free of charge for select event partners to boost profile and drive results. Event organizers are encouraged to contact MSearchGroove and discuss collaboration and promotional partnerships.