OneNote UWP app updated for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring
If you’re a Windows Insider on the Fast Ring, you might want to pause your Bug Bash quests, and also consider checking out the OneNote UWP app. According to reports, the folks over at Microsoft have delivered an update for the UWP version of the digital note taking app for Windows Insiders, and it’s packed full of new features.
— OneNote Central (@OneNoteC) February 4, 2017
As seen above, OneNote Central points out that Microsoft recently updated the OneNote UWP app for Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring to version 17.7830. Interestingly enough, the above Tweet also links to a OneNote Online notebook, which dives into all the details on what has changed and what is new. Please have a look at the changes below:
- Section name > Context menu > Password Protection = Create password protected sections (+ change password, unlock etc)
- Image > Context menu > Save as = Save any image from OneNote
- Page tab > Context menu > New page = Insert new page below the current one
- File attachment > Context menu > Save as = Save attached files from OneNote
- Home > Bullet menu now offers Bullet gallery
- Insert > Shapes gallery – Tip: pressing Shift creates perfect shape. Still missing: Lock Drawing Mode and Snap to Grid
- Diamond-shaped paragraph handles
- Table tool menu, with almost all table features, except Hide Borders and Header Row.
- Reorder notebooks in the notebook list – simply drag and drop.
- Section group name > Context menu > Rename Section Group
What are your thoughts on these changes? Do you think they bring the UWP app close enough to the desktop version of OneNote? Let us know what you think by dropping us a comment below!Further reading: Microsoft, OneNote, OneNote UWP, UWP, Windows Insiders