OneNote for Windows 10 picks up Text to Math feature, more in August update rolling out now
Microsoft is now rolling out the August 2017 update for the OneNote UWP app on Windows 10. The update adds in several new features, including a Text to Math feature, and the ability to insert online pictures.
As is usual, the update is rolling out slowly to everyone, so you might not notice the new features right away. Here is what you need to know about the version 17.8471.5772 update:
- Text to Math: Use your keyboard to type an equation as text in OneNote, and use Math to solve it or draw a graph. Simply type your equation, and on the Draw tab, click the Lasso Select button. Drag a circle around the text you want to convert, then click Math.
- Smart Lookup: Get definitions, wiki articles, and top related searches from the web without leaving OneNote. Right-click a word or phrase and choose Smart Lookup.
- Insert online pictures: Use Bing’s Image Search to safely insert photos and images without ever having to leave OneNote. On the Insert tab, choose Pictures > Online. In the Online Pictures pane, use a keyword to search for the perfect picture for your notes.
- Tables of all shapes and sizes: One cell or many? Choose the number of rows and columns you need to organize your content. Once you’ve got a table, you can add or delete rows or columns, add table shading, or sort your content.
- More highlight colors: Yellow isn’t the only color in the rainbow. Now you can highlight with blue, green, red, and more.
- Zoom in, zoom out: Use the new Page Width option on the View tab to zoom out to see all the notes on your page, or zoom in to focus on just what you need.
Back in July, Microsoft updated OneNote for Windows 10 with muti-window support, custom pens, and more. The OneNote for Windows 10 app comes with several advantages over the desktop application, and you can learn more about the differences by clicking here. You can also download OneNote from Windows 10 via the link below.Further reading: App update, Microsoft, OneNote, OneNote for Windows 10