Official FIFA 13 breaks the Nokia-exclusive tag, now available for all Windows Phones

Hammad Saleem

Fifa 13

Back in 2013, the folks at Electronics Arts released the highly popular FIFA 13, which at the time of launch was exclusively available for Nokia handsets. Well, in a recent update, EA ended the exclusivity and made the game compatible with all Windows Phone 8 devices.

Sized at 951MB, the game comes with an amazing set of graphics, featuring 30 leagues, 500 licensed teams, 32 stadiums and over 10,000 players to feed your football frenzy. Unfortunately, the game has its requirements and will only work with handsets with 1GB RAM or more. 

“Football is life! Now live it to the fullest with the ONLY officially licensed FIFA game on Windows Phone 8. Matches come to life with groundbreaking graphics and the most responsive controls ever delivered on Windows Phone 8. Featuring 30 leagues, 500 licensed teams,more than 15,000 players and 32 authentic stadiums,” according to the app description.

Well, on a serious note, breaking the exclusive tag is not that important as Windows Phone market is currently dominated by Nokia with over 90 percent market share. Yes, it would matter to you if you are among the remaining 10 percent, and have a Windows Phone 8 powered handset from any other manufacturer. I feel the pain of all those budget-conscious users who invested in the low to mid-range Windows Phone handsets. But, it doesn’t really make sense playing a game that will constantly lag on your budget-friendly smartphone. 

If you’re a soccer fan in possession of a Windows Phone 8 powered device with 1GB of RAM or more, it’s time to hit the Windows Phone Store and download FIFA 13 which costs $4.99.