If you’re using Office Mobile on Android, then you know it’s a competitive productivity solution compared to the iOS and Windows 10 alternatives. If you really want to stay on the cutting edge, however, and get access to all of the suite’s functionality, then you’ll want to join the Office Insider program.
Today, those brave enough to test the beta waters received a nice little update to each of the primary Office Mobile apps. Here’s what’s new in each app.
Word for Android
- Open RTF files: You can now open rich text format (.rtf) files.
- Send as PDF: Quickly share your document as a PDF file for easy viewing.
- Insert Picture from Camera: Open the camera directly from Word and take a picture. Presto! The picture’s in your document.
Excel for Android
- Send as PDF: Quickly share your spreadsheet as a PDF file for easy viewing.
- Insert Picture from Camera: Open the camera directly from Excel and take a picture. Presto! The picture’s in your sheet.
- Convert a table to a range: Work with your data the way you want. Easily convert a table into plain rows and columns when you need more flexibility and customization.
PowerPoint for Android
- Send as PDF: Quickly share your presentation as a PDF file for easy viewing.
- Morph: Apply the Morph transition to easily move several objects at once.
If you haven’t signed up for the Office Insider program, go here for instructions. Once you’re signed up, go to the Google Play Store and get updated.Further reading: Android, Apps, Microsoft, Office, Office Insider, Office Mobile, Office Mobile for Android, update