The July feature preview rolled out for the Slow ring this weekend. Update 15.24 followed on the heels of the Fast Ring's release of the 64-bit version of Office 2016 becoming available for Mac. Now it's been introduced to the Slow ring only a few days later, along with some other exciting additions:
- Find shared files: In Word, Excel and PowerPoint, click File > Shared to see documents, workbooks, and presentations that others have recently shared with you. (This feature requires an Office 365 subscription.)
- More Control Over Objects: In Word, we've added the Selection Pane so you can keep track of all the objects in your document and rearrange their placement and order.
- Interactive controls: In Word, date pickers, drop-down lists, and many other content controls in your documents are now interactive.
- Ink annotations: In OneNote, use your mouse or trackpad to write, draw, and highlight with the tools on the new Draw tab.
- Tidier notes: Use the new grid and lined page backgrounds in OneNote to keep your handwriting and drawings neat and tidy.
- Pen tablet support: In OneNote, use your drawing tablet or display that uses a pen or a stylus to write, draw, and erase in your notes.
- The 64-bit version of Office 2016 for Mac: Last but not least, we're pleased to bring the 64-bit version of Office 2016 for Mac to our Office Insider Slow audience. To get the 64-bit version, you don't need to do anything other than install update 15.24 (160707). To find out more, see our initial 64-bit release of Office 2016 for Mac is now live! If you use the EndNote Cite While You Write (CWYW) add-in in Word 2016 for Mac, join the EndNote beta testing program to get access to an early version of their 64-bit add-in.
As always, preview builds are only available for those in the Slow or Fast ring respectively. Make sure to keep an eye on WinBeta to stay up to date on the running list of Insider updates and features building for the month, or check the complete list over on the Office 2016 for Mac support page.