Nyko makes a number of accessories for gaming consoles, including Microsoft's own Xbox One, from controller charge stations to power kits to intercoolers. Yesterday, Nyko announced the official availability of their Data Bank for Xbox One add-on storage option.
Essentially a good-looking enclosure that accepts any 3.5" HDD, the Data Bank plugs into the Xbox One's USB connection and provides its own power. From Nyko's product page:
Installing the Data Bank is easy and takes only a few minutes. Simply attach the Data Bank to the top of the Xbox One and plug the USB cable into the back of the console. The USB connection allows the Xbox One to access the data stored on the 3.5" hard drive. Slide any 3.5" into the Data Bank and attach the drive hood.. Once the drive is properly installed, plug the Data Bank in to any wall outlet via the provided power cord and power on your system.
With Data Bank installed the Xbox One's hard drive capacity can easily be augmented by installing most 3.5" hard drives, drastically increasing the amount of games and save files that can be saved on the system.
- Easily upgrade the storage capacity of the Xbox One™
- Uses any standard 3.5'' hard drive instead of more expensive, external hard drives
- Save money and get more storage with 3.5" drives over 2.5" external drives
- LED indicators illustrate when the Xbox One™ is saving content or accessing the hard drive.
- Dedicated power cable provides the extra power needed for the 3.5" hard drive
- Sleek aesthetic helps the larger hard drive blend in with the lines of the system and looks more stylish than a standard external drive with exposed cable.
- Modular - Compatible with other Nyko modular items for Xbox One™
Check out the video below to see how you can easily add more storage to your Xbox One:
The Data Bank for Xbox One runs a reasonable $39.99 directly from Nyko. You can also pick one up via Amazon for the same $39.99 price but with free two-day Prime shipping. You have to wait a bit, however--Amazon won't be shipping the Data Bank for Xbox One until December 29.