To all our loyal readers, if you are interested in becoming a news writer on our site (full time or part time) and you love to read/write about Microsoft related topics such as Windows 8, Surface, Windows Phone 8, Xbox, and more, then this is for you!
We are looking to add one more Publisher or Contributor to our family!
For those that don’t know, WinBeta.org is one of the original Microsoft and Windows Beta-centered communities founded in 1998. We are centered on Windows Beta and Microsoft news. As we continue to grow, we plan on maintaining an environment that allows enthusiasts and newbies to learn about the latest news and share their technology experiences. Our writing style is simple and to the point. Help us achieve that goal by being a part of our staff!
Here are our requirements:
- English must be your primary language.
- Writers: we require you to be active. As a Writer, you will be required to research news items and post at least five stories a week. Of course, the more the merrier.
- Contributors: you can post during weekends or only contribute reviews and stories on a part-time, when-you-can basis.
- All posts are required to be originally written and not copy/pasted. We will be very strict on proper grammar and English. We don’t expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you to know how to write. We will provide you with simple training on news posting guidelines, so don’t worry :)
- A Facebook or a Twitter account is highly desired, however not mandatory.
- You must be able to accept criticism from staff and our readers. No writer is perfect and mistakes can/will happen. Your ability to accept criticism is very important.
- You will become a staff member at one of the original Beta-centered, Microsoft-oriented communities and featured on our About Us page.
- You get to post a story in your own words about a topic that you love with your name stamped on it.
- Writers who show dedication are rewarded.
- You will have the opportunity to attend special tech events.
- You will earn some money (depending on your topic and frequency of posting).
- Other cool perks that you will have to wait and see for yourself :)
Interested? Head over to our contact page and send us an email with your name, age, location, email address, and why we should hire you. We will get back to you if you are selected.