Symantec has released a beta version of Norton Identity Safe, which is a web based service that allows you to securely store and sync your passwords, credit card information, and various other web form information across all browsers and devices.
Norton Identity Safe is free to download and allows you to simply remember one master password to be able to access your favorite accounts at any time. “Norton Identity Safe beta provides a simple, secure way to manage passwords across Windows PCs, iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad, and Android devices.”
This is a great tool to help avoid using the same password across multiple accounts in fear of forgetting the information. Research conducted by Symantec revealed that 38% of web users admit to writing down their passwords for web based accounts while 45% still reuse the same password across different accounts. This obviously opens you to risk of a hacker accessing all your accounts once one of the passwords is cracked. Norton Identity Safe is designed to prevent this.
Norton Identity Safe beta has the following features:
- Simplified password management – Eliminates the hassle of remembering multiple logins and passwords, as users only need to remember one master password for quick, secure access to their favorite sites.
- Streamlined user experience – Shows users their logins with thumbnail images, allowing them to log in to a desired site by clicking on the image, or for mobile and tablet users, by simply touching the screen.
- Share Via – Allows users to safely share online content by sending URLs through email and social networking plugins, directly from Norton Identity Safe beta.
- Automatic login synchronization across devices – Enables users to store a password on one device and easily log in from another device, wherever they go.
- Safe Search – Ensures users can search with confidence and view site ratings right in the search results, enabling users to see whether a website is safe before visiting it.