For those looking to beta test the next version of Symantec's newest security suite, Norton 360 v6, the company has released a beta preview for your downloading and testing pleasure. Of course, we don't need to remind you that using a beta version of a security suite doesn't guarantee 100% safety and security.
"As cyber-criminals and malicious downloads become more advanced, so do we. We're pleased to offer a first glimpse of our ultimate all-in-one protection with the Beta of Norton 360 version 6.0," Norton states on their beta download page.
Norton 360 v6 offers several new features including better protection and improved performance, as well as improved local and secure online backups.
Norton 360 v6 includes:
- Norton Protection System: Provides industry-leading security with four unique layers of powerful protection proven to proactively stop online threats before they can infect your computer.*
- Norton Management is cloud based so you can download, install, transfer, update or renew Norton products from anywhere right over the internet.
- Norton Identity Safe: Secures, remembers, and automatically enters your website user names and passwords to prevent cybercriminals from stealing your information as you type. Now includes an online version, so you can share logins among additional PCs protected by Norton 2012 products
- Parental Controls Management: Lets you track your kids’ online activities through award-winning Norton Online Family, so you can help protect them from online dangers.
- Download Insight 2.0: Protects against dangerous applications by telling you if they may harm the health and stability of your computer before you install them
- Norton Recovery Tools help remove threats that can be deeply buried in a PC.
Symantec will be offering a special discount on the final version of Norton 360 v6 one the Beta trial ends.