NOOK for Windows 8.1 app receives update, adds plethora of new features
For those who missed it, NOOK recently released an update to their Windows 8.1 app adding a plethora of new features for those who enjoy reading books on their Windows 8.1 tablet or PC. Of the new updates, the NOOK app features support for Windows 8.1 Snap mode, the ability to import files from SkyDrive, enhanced search, and more.
”Get an incredible reading experience with NOOK for Windows 8. Choose from over 3 million NOOK books – including 1 million FREE books – as well as magazines, newspapers, and comics on your Windows 8 tablet and PC, now supporting Windows 8.1,” the app description reads.
The updated app has the following new features:
- Enhanced search discoverability from anywhere in the app, along with a streamlined search results page.
- Import ePub and PDF files from “My PC” & SkyDrive, with imported files appearing in the NOOK library and current reading page saved for imported items.
- Improved library organization featuring grouping by content type and integrated library search access.
- Support for enhanced snap view in Windows 8.1 to dynamically adapt to changes in windows size and screen orientation.
- Improved support for portrait orientation for a great reading experience on Windows tablets.
- Even better in-app support featuring “Send Feedback” link to contact Customer Service.
- Support for new small and large live tile sizes in Windows 8.1.
- Improved access to archived content including access to items archived on another NOOK device or app.
Hit the download link below to grab the updated NOOK app for Windows 8.1.Microsoft, Nook, Windows 8.1