For AT&T Lumia 950 owners not participating in the Windows 10 Mobile Insider preview program, the update path to build 10586.107 has seemingly been a long one. Part of the onus on the delay fell at the feet of carrier testing, but whatever the reason, the update took its sweet time getting pushed out.
Fortunately, the wait is over.
Reports are coming in that the AT&T-branded Lumia 950’s are receiving Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.107. While the update may appear to be a rather innocuous upgrade, unlocked Lumia 950 and 950 XL owners can attest to some impressive improvements that came along with the latest cumulative update to the operating system last week.
Now, non-Insiders brandishing Lumia 950’s from AT&T can look forward to:
- Change to update system to now require the phone to be plugged into a charger when downloading and preparing phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem causing erroneous low storage prompts for some users when trying to download phone software updates.
- Reliability and stability improvements.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements with car and other accessories.
- Microsoft Edge improvements to PDF rendering and navigation.
- Improvements for battery usage with Iris Recognition for Windows Hello.
- Update system improvements to fix a situation where some users had phone software updates and app downloads stuck at 0% for extended time periods.
- Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out-of-date for some users, although account settings had not been changed.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to get stuck on BitLocker Recovery screen after a reset.
The update appears to be a rolling release, and so for those who have repeatedly been hitting the update button while reading this, please have patience.Further reading: Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, Microsoft, smartphone, update, Windows 10 Insider, Windows 10 Mobile Insider