Tomorrow is the day it all kicks off — there are huge savings to be made in the Black Friday sales and we’ve already looked at some of the great offers that are going to be available. If you’re in the market for a new, low-cost phone, Microsoft’s latest deal on the Nokia Lumia 520 could be what you’ve been looking for.
The 520 may have been superseded by the Lumia 525, but it is still a very capable smartphone. It’s an ideal second phone, a handset to give to a younger member of the family, or a great cheap gift for someone.
Microsoft is offering the Lumia 520 for AT&T for an astonishing $49. This is a great price in its own right, but there is no tie-in, no contract — this is the price of a hassle-free handset and it amounts to a $50 saving. Great stuff!
If you’re considering buying, here’s a quick rundown of the vital stats:
- Battery Detail: 1430 mAh Li-Ion
- Talk Time (Hrs): Up to 10
- Standby Time (days): Up to 13
- Audio playback (hr): Up to 63.5
- 4.0″ IPS LCD WVGA (800×480 resolution) display, flat glass (2D), Capacitive touch, Color depth 24bit, 16M colors, ppi235
- 512MB RAM with 8GB internal memory
- 5GB storage
- MicroSD up to 64GB with 7 GB of free SkyDrive storage
- 5-megapixel camera
At the moment the Lumia 520 is listed as being out of stock, but this could just be a ploy by Microsoft to build up interest in readiness for tomorrow. Check back at the stroke of midnight to grab the phone at the reduced price — let us know if you manage to bag a bargain!Further reading: Lumia 520, Microsoft, Nokia, Windows Phone