The Waypoint update is a big milestone for the game. It brings literally hundreds of improvements to the game, and a whole host of new features, some of them detailed below.
- Relaxed mode: a more approachable sandbox-focused mode for players new to the game.
- Survival and Challenge: veterans will find plenty of challenge in this mode.
- Custom play style: this allows players to tweak gameplay elements to create a tailor-made experience.
- Saves: game saving is now easier and more frequent, allowing players to jump in and out of their game more readily.
- Cross Game Mode Play: matchmaking has been changed so players can see and play with players in other game modes.
- Information portal: for players who've been away for a while, this will provide them with a useful recap of where they were in the game.
- Streamlining: 20 major updates and hundreds of patch notes have been streamlined.
- Inventories and increased level cap: inventories have been overhauled, increasing the level cap for ships, weapons, freighters, and suits.
The Waypoint update is free of additional charge. No Man's Sky is available on Xbox Game Pass. If you haven't delved into the near-infinite vastness of No Man's Sky, there has never been a better time to get started.