Nextgen Reader for Windows Phone bumped to v5.5, brings new features and fixes bugs
Ever since Google ended their RSS Reader service, Feedly has been the go-to service for many people when it comes to news reading. Although Windows Phone users don’t have an official Feedly app, one alternative is Nextgen Reader, which is a one-of-kind app that has over three thousand reviews averaging 4.5 stars.
WinBeta has covered Nextgen Reader news and updates in the past, and we’re going with our tradition to tell you that the Nextgen Reader app for Windows Phone has received an update today, bumping it to version v5.5. Here’s the official change log provided by the developer:
- New: Save images to phone (just tap and hold in article view).
- New: Article search is back with option to match title-only (please note that Feedly Pro account is required for complete search results).
- New: Save recent searches automatically, so you don’t have to type ever again.
- New: Set default CC and BCC for emails.
- New: Enable/disable flick gesture in article view.
- Updated: Support for Pocket v3 API. Please re-authenticate your account. Also, fixes the save to pocket issues.
- Lots of other improvements and bug fixes.
Nextgen Reader is one of the best RSS reader apps in both the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store. The app runs for $1.99 and has a trial version that is unlimited and ad-free. Grab the app from the download link below and enjoy!Nextgen Reader, Windows Phone