When Windows 10 launched last year, and so did the concept of the Universal Windows Platform (UWP Apps). Although it has been a while since Windows 10 launch, many developers have just now started launching universal versions for their respected Windows Store applications. Today, the developers of the Nextgen Reader are the newest addition to the UWP party.
Nextgen Reader is an acclaimed RSS news reader, and by way of a version 3.0 release, the developers NextMatters have just upgraded to a Universal Windows Platform app. The experience has long been requested by fans, and along with the usual bug fixes, version 3.0 adds or improves the following:
- Upgraded to Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
- Improved scaling and rendering of text
- Enhanced Grid View UI (tap the three dots and select grid view)
- New: Feed management – add, edit, move or delete feeds.
- New: Search feeds by title, URL or #topic.
- New: List style with story thumbnails.
- New: Support full-screen mode (press F11 key or tap the app logo in left corner).
- Transparent live tiles with unread count up to 9999.
- Updated context menu’s with icons.
- Enable/disable swiping in reading pane.
So, if you like the sound of this app, you can check it out by clicking the link below. And as always, once you do update or download, comment below to let us know how it is going!