The Xbox team has been quite busy this past weekend, as it released new preview builds for Alpha, Beta and Ring 3 Xbox Insiders. Yesterday, another Xbox One preview build rolled out to the Preview Alpha Ring with additional performance improvements and fixes to localized content.
Xbox One Insiders – Preview ALPHA Users – 3/19 Build notes for 2.00pm here https://t.co/bfDvyhe1sI and on REDDIT https://t.co/HFHtHTkeOg
— Brad Rossetti (@WorkWombatman) March 19, 2017
Please note that this new preview build has the same known issues as before, which will hopefully be fixed soon. You can find the full changelog below:
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170317-1902
Available: 2:00PM PDT 3/19 (9:00PM GMT 19/3)
- Localization: Miscellaneous fixes to localized text and content.
- Misc Performance Fixes: Various performance fixes
- Game Clips: After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- EA Access: The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Settings – Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
If you have been selected to receive this update, let us know in the comments if you notice some performance improvements after installing the new build.