New Xbox One Preview Alpha build tests Game Pass section & hiding Xbox Achievements
Preview Alpha build 1802.180119-1917 has begun to roll out to select Xbox One console owners enrolled in the Xbox Insiders program. This latest build tests a new Xbox Game Pass section in the My games & apps area of the Xbox One dashboard and also gives users the ability to hide Xbox Achievements from the Next Achievement section in addition to a variety of bug fixes and improvements.
Xbox One Insiders – Preview Alpha members with the build today we've added the ability to hide/unhide a specific achievement or entire game from the Next Achievements section!
— Brad Rossetti (@WorkWombatman) January 23, 2018
The ability to hide Achievements is actually not mentioned in the release notes however Microsoft’s Brad Rossetti made a point to mention it in a tweet earlier today so that Xbox Insiders would be aware of the feature. Here’s the full release notes.
- My Games and Apps Collection – Game Pass
- We have enabled a new feature to show an “Xbox Game Pass” tab within “My games & apps” for users on Preview Alpha with an active Game Pass subscription.
- If someone has an active Game Pass subscription, they will see this tab appear in “My games & apps” and be able to quickly install available games from Game Pass. It works just like ‘Ready to install’ but for Game Pass.
- For users in Preview Alpha who do not have Game Pass, they will see the updated left navigation—section dividers added and Memberships tab has moved.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect profile color to display after powering on the console.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused the console to get stuck at a loading screen (with a loading spinner only) when downloading a system update.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused party chat to crash in the Guide.
- You may be unable to add/remove/edit content blocks by pressing Y.
- System Setup – Kinect
- When setting up a Kinect during the initial console set-up experience, the setup fails when tuning audio.
- The network transfer fails when initiated from a console on 1802 (this update).
- Workaround: You can perform a network transfer using an 1802 console as the source and initiating the network transfer from a 1711 console on the same network.
- You may notice strange characters which replace normal translated text on the dashboard, Guide, and other areas. Please use Report a problem when you encounter these issues.
- Games that are installed fail to launch.
- Workaround: If the games are installed to an external drive please copy the game to the internal drive or attempt to delete the title and redownload to fix the launch error.
- We are investigating the inaccurate RGB colors that have been reported when displaying in 4K HDR mode when playing a UHD disc.
- The left and right navigation for selecting date and time during Tournament creation is currently reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in Tournament twists is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Left and right navigation in the bracket view of Tournaments is reversed when the console language is set to Arabic or Hebrew
Avatars on Home
- Users wishing to represent themselves as an avatar can do so by changing their settings under My profile > Customize profile > Show my avatar.
Have you downloaded the new build yet? Share your thoughts on it with the community in the comments below.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Insiders, Xbox One