Members of the Xbox One Preview Program who are signed-up for Alpha builds will be receiving the latest build, 1804.180307-1900, when they sign in to their consoles.
This latest build brings 2 new features – the first allows direct uploading of content to Twitter, making it even easier to share gaming content with friends. The second feature, which is more a change, is that Microsoft have now replaced the Store button in the Guide with a Search button, making it easy to search not only through the Store, but also through the library of games already owned.
Here is what the official changelog had to say about the new features:
Share directly to Twitter!
- You can now also upload content directly to Twitter. This means your screenshot and footage captures will now display and play directly in your Twitter feed, and it will also appear as part of your Twitter media. We’ll even help you get your clips discovered by suggesting hashtags! To do so, just go to your Recent captures, pick an item and Share to Twitter!
Guide Search Button
- The Store button in Guide will be replaced with a Search button, which brings up a dialog that allows users to search through their installed content, Settings, and Store games and apps.
In addition to the above features, there a some bug fixes which will hopefully deliver a smoother experience:
Casting from the Xbox – Apps such as YouTube
- Automatic discovery over WiFi is resolved.
- If Microsoft Edge was pinned prior to downloading the 1804 update, attempting to launch Microsoft Edge from the existing pin will now succeed.
My Games and Apps
- We resolved an issue in which Games and updates are installing to non Home consoles even if you have selected to not keep games and apps up to date.
- We resolved an issue in which Upload Studio would fail uploading.
In terms of known issues, which are always good to look out for, there are a large number, so be weary of that if you’re to stay in the Alpha ring:
- When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
- We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
- We have identified an issue with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
- Some users have reported that HDMI in volume is lower for TV Input and some media apps. We are actively investigating. Workaround : Start Background Music and goto the Audio Settings and set the volume slider to 50% rather than 0% and the volume issue is fixed.
- In the Now TV app some UI elements are disappearing during playback.
- In the Plex App some users are experiencing buffering. We are actively investigating this issue. Workaround – You can back out of the Plex app to home then go back into the Plex app and playback continues.
- The Netflix team are updating the app as it is crashing for some users. Workaround – Please check for an update for the Netflix app.
- Netflix on Monitor only works at 1080p and does not support 1440p – Netflix is aware of the issue. Workaround : If watching Netflix on a Monitor/LCD please set the display output to 1080p.
- We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on. Workaround – Simply turn the console back on.
- We are investigating why some users are unable to play 4k content in the Vudu app.
- The virtual keyboard disappears randomly when inputting text.Workaround – Plug in a wired or wireless keyboard
- Some users are discovering that some games are not showing in HDR – Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation and please provide the make and model of your TV and the firmware version.
Game Install Progress
- We are aware of an issue in which the Game Progress status shows over 300%. Please note that this is a different scenario to the fix in this build referenced above in fixes.
- Some users are discovering that the search function in Spotify is not working. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- Some users are experiencing a problem in which the Store App is failing to update. Please file feedback when you encounter this to help in the investigation.
- We are aware that the Schedule details is missing after you re-select your schedule from Dark or Light in Theme.
Settings – Accessory App
- Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
The official announcement by the Xbox team can be read here.
Those who are part of the Alpha ring will be prompted to update when turning on their console, or the console will automatically update in the background, if in always-on mode.Further reading: Microsoft, Xbox One, Xbox Preview Program