If you are in the Skip Ahead ring and receiving Redstone 5 builds (176xx), you're in luck as Microsoft has just released a new build, version 17627. This one looks to be mostly fixes and improvements, with no new features listed in the Windows Insider blog post.
Some things have been fixed, here's the list of improvements over last weeks 17623:
- We fixed an issue where If you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive that hasn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Emoji Panel not working in the last two flights.
- When a process in Task Manager is suspended, or has suspended child processes, you’ll now see an icon indicating as much in the Status column of the Processes tab.
As is usual for a build so early in the development cycle, there are some known issues. These include:
- If you open Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as the link to Windows Defender.
- When opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click & open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file. To work around the issue, you can open the file again without closing Microsoft Edge.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected
Dona and the gang also want to remind you to sign up to be an Office Insider for even more beta testing fun.
Anyway, get to downloading the latest Skip Ahead built and let us know what you think!