The Windows Insider Program has introduced the Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.3391 (KB5029331) update for the Release Preview Channel. This update brings several notable improvements and fixes to refine the user experience and resolve critical issues.
Here’s a brief overview of the update’s focal points:
- Enhanced Location Detection: The latest update enhances Windows’ ability to detect user locations, resulting in more precise weather, news, and traffic updates.
- Microsoft Account Notifications: Notification badging for Microsoft accounts on the Start menu has been expanded. This change allows for quick access to essential account-related notifications.
- Group Policy Service Improvement: Group Policy Service issue has been addressed. This change eliminates the 30-second network availability wait time, leading to more accurate policy processing.
- D3D12 Independent Devices API: New API for D3D12 Independent Devices allows multiple devices on one adapter, improving app graphics processing.
- Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP) Fix: A Windows LAPS policy setting issue has been fixed regarding “BackupDirectory” reporting in RSOP when set to “Back up to AAD.”
Other noted updates are:
- Remote Desktop Session Stability
- Search Box Display Issue
- Fixed app display and keyboard input errors.
- Fixed sync issue with Windows backup settings.
- Fixed print job failures and system instability