Microsoft has released a new set of firmware updates for its AMD-based Surface Laptop 3 devices. The latest batch of firmware updates aims to address various security and stability issues and includes pen performance enhancements.
For the owners of a Surface Laptop 3, the August 2021 firmware updates are available for PCs running Windows 10 May 2019 Update or newer. You can find the changelog below:
- Surface Keyboard - Firmware: 184.108.40.206 Improves keyboard telemetry.
- Surface Serial Hub Driver – System devices: 220.127.116.11 Improves device stability by addressing bugcheck.
- Surface Integration Service Device – System devices: 18.104.22.168 Improves device performance.
- Surface Dock 2 Firmware Update - Extension: 22.214.171.124 Improves device stability and reliability with Surface Dock 2 scenarios.
- Surface Integration – System devices: 126.96.36.199 Improves device performance.
- Surface Touch Pen Processor – Human Interface Devices: 188.8.131.52 Improves Pen and Touch stability.
- AMD Radeon (TM) Vega 9 Graphics - Display Adapter / AMD Radeon (TM) Vega 11 Graphics – Display adapters: 26.20.12067.1 Addresses security vulnerability and improves device stability.
Microsoft has acknowledged a new issue impacting Surface Laptop 3 users that might cause audio issues on these devices. The Redmond giant says that it’s working to address this bug, and a fix will be available soon. In the meantime, Microsoft has provided a workaround for users, and you can find more details on this support page.
As always, these bits are rolling out gradually to the AMD-powered models of the Surface Laptop 3. That said, the firmware update may not roll out to all users at once, but you should get it sooner rather than later.