Microsoft has begun rolling out firmware updates for its Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book products and while there isn’t anything too fancy included with these updates, they are aimed at squashing a lot of bugs and improving the user experience. Here are all of the details available in the Windows Update History:
- Surface UEFI update (v88.870.770.0) improves system stability.
- Surface Management Engine update (v220.127.116.113) provides touch optimizations.
- Precise Touch Device driver update (v18.104.22.168) provides touch optimizations.
- Management Engine Interface driver update (v22.214.171.1242) provides touch optimizations.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML driver update (v126.96.36.199) provides touch optimizations.
- Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v188.8.131.52) ensures correct Surface driver is installed.
Users wishing to install these firmware updates (if they haven’t been already) can force-update by opening the Update & security settings on their Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book and clicking on the Check for updates button. Are you satisfied with this firmware update or was there something else you wanted to see fixed? Let us know in the comments below.