The second patch for Sea of Thieves is out on Xbox One and Windows 10 today to fix various issues with Microsoft's pirate game. As announced last week, Rare has addressed the ship re-spawning issues by increasing the distance at which ships will respawn. Additionally, this patch 1.0.2 fixes other issues with Mermaid Teleport and other annoying bugs.
Rare is still aware of some known issues with the game, including delayed achievevements and missing downloadable content. You can read the full release notes below, which apply to both Xbox One and Windows 10:
- Ship respawn distance - When a ship sinks, we have significantly increased the distance at which the crews new ship will respawn. Ships will now respawn outside of visible view of the ship that sank them. This is in response to lots of player feedback which highlighted that the previous spawn distance was resulting in "griefing" behaviour and stalemates at the forts!
- Mermaid Teleport - It is no longer possible to accidentally teleport to your ship from the mermaid whilst holding treasure items. We saw feedback that players were accidentally leaving treasure behind in the sea!
- [PC Only] Players should no longer experience the 0x80070005 error or get stuck at 99% during installation.
- Players are no longer able to fall through the ship geometry and into the sea if they are to repeatedly jump on the chests/barrel located mid deck
- The voyage image on the captain’s table now displays the rank (promotion) banner in the top right corner, to keep in line with other areas of the game UI.
- When accepting a game invitation whilst matchmaking, the game no longer enters a temporary unresponsive state.
- Bounty Captains will no longer spawn multiple times.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes. Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- Achievements earned prior to March 29th are delayed, but will be awarded once our fix is applied.
- Some players are unable to equip a second weapon. For a potential workaround see our Support Article.
For an update on these three issues, please read our Launch Update written by Executive Producer, Joe Neate.
- Some players have not received their Black Dog Pack code. If you pre-ordered from the official Microsoft Store, please submit a Support ticket through Support. If you pre-ordered from another retailer, please contact them to receive your code.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game. Please read our Support Article for a potential workaround for this issue.
- Bounty quest skeletons sometimes do not spawn or cannot be found. If you encounter this bug, a potential work around is to sail away from the island until it’s out of range, and then sail back in to trigger the Island Name banners.
Unlike the first patch which required a full game update, this second patch is just a 450MB downloads on both platforms. It's great to see that Rare is already pushing out updates at a regular pace, though the pirate game will definitely need more content to keep gamers engaged in the coming weeks and months.