Microsoft today is highlighting a new report done by Carolina Milanesi of Creative Strategies. The report finds more employees are saying they would choose Surface, feeling more productive, creative, and valued when they have a Surface device in hand.
Creative Strategies questioned a panel of 1,300 US consumers as part of their reporting, finding that Surface heavily wins over early tech adopters. It also shows that Surface "continues to challenge" Apple in other areas. See some notes from this area of the report below.
- 72% of people who use Surface at work want to use it all the time, at work and for personal use. (+7pts versus Apple MacBook).
- When considering replacing their laptop with a 2in1 device, early mainstream users significantly choose Surface Pro (+11pts) over Apple iPad Pro
The report also examines how company-issued devices play a role in attracting talent. Once again, Surface makes big gains here, with 77% of people who use Surface saying they are proud to be seen with it (15% higher than Apple.) Additionally, employees who receive Surface devices also reported feeling more cared about than those who received Apple laptops.
Finally, the report looks at how creativity is important to people, and how good of an investment Surface is. "Users perceive Apple Notebooks and Surface devices to be on par when empowering creativity," noted Microsoft. Indeed, for the report finds that the devices with Surface brand help empower users to be more productive compared to Apple's devices. See other key notes from the report below.
- Both early tech adopters (+11pts) and early mainstream audiences (+21pts) believe Surface empowers you to be most productive compared to Apple
- People who perceive the Surface as the leading notebook brand over Apple do so because they see it as the best implementation of Windows and Office
- Employees who use Apple for work feel strongly that Surface devices have the best implementation of Windows 10
Microsoft Surface faced negative press following the Consumer Reports decision to no longer recommend the devices, so this report is definitely good news for Microsoft. Do you agree with this report? Do you prefer Surface over Apple MacBook or iPad devices? Sound off in the comments below.