A new update is rolling out to the Bedrock versions of Minecraft for Windows 10, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. The version 1.13.0 of the game brings several new features including the Character Creator that shipped in a previous beta last month.
Minecraft recently welcomed various new animals including pandas, cats, and bees, but this new update introduces some not so friendly foxes, which will go hunt nearby chickens at night. You can see what the Minecraft-style foxes look like in the video below:
Adorable, a little bit mischievous, and now all over the place: the beloved and elusive fox is coming to Bedrock-powered platforms today! We chatted with the devs ahead of the fox’s impending widespread release!
↣ https://t.co/vAA1vBhin7 ↢ pic.twitter.com/VkUC5tOobV
— Minecraft (@Minecraft) October 29, 2019
This latest release also brings new Note Block Instruments and many other features you can find below:
- Keep your chickens safe and your belongings close, otherwise you’ll find them dead or gone – especially come nightfall. Foxes are more active at night and seek shade to sleep during the day. However, if you’re patient enough to feed two of them Sweet Berries, you can end up with a trusty one!
- Transforms whenever a red Mooshroom is struck by lightning
- Feed them flowers and use a bowl to harvest Suspicious Stew!
- Craft stew with different flowers to grant different potion effects for a short period of time
- Share the suspiciousness with your friends and see how they like Suspicious Stew!
- A new, scary looking flower that is planted wherever a living entity dies to the Wither
- Might be useful when crafting Suspicious Stew?
Item Frames can now be placed on the floor and ceiling!
Added abandoned villages
Added a celebration event that occurs if Pillagers successfully raid a village
New Note Block instruments
- Make some sweet new jams by placing certain blocks under Note Blocks!
- Discover the new instruments with Glowstone, Haybale, Block of Emerald, Pumpkin, Soul Sand, Block of Iron, Bone Block, Wool, Packed Ice, Clay, and Block of Gold
Added five dead coral types
Added the Light Block for mapmakers
- Supports auxiliary data from 0 to 15 for light level
- Light blocks are supported via /give, /fill, and /setblock
- The invisible End Rod (variant 6) is now automatically updated to the new Light Block
Added new in-game chat settings to improve accessibility
Added game credits
- A way to see all the lovely people that work on the game!
- The credits can be viewed after defeating the Ender Dragon, and also through a new button found in the Settings menu
This latest Bedrock update also comes with a long list of bug fixes, performance improvements, and other quality changes, and you can check the full list on the Minecraft Feedback website. Happy Minecrafting!