Build 188.8.131.52 is now live for Edge Insiders on the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel.
This latest build is mostly focused on fixing bugs relating to crashing and content visibility but it does also add some subtle new functionality for when clicking on a shortcut link and full URLs will now be shown when hovering a mouse cursor over a link.
Here’s the full release notes:
- Fixed an issue where Edge sometimes crashes on launch.
- Fixed a crash when viewing settings in InPrivate.
- Clicking the shortcut for a pinned website will now select a tab that contains the shortcut’s website if one is already open instead of opening a new tab every time.
- Hovering over a website’s address on the history page now shows the full URL.
- Fixed an issue where the first launch experience doesn’t happen if the user isn’t connected to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where certain dialogs are cut off on small screens.
- Fixed an issue where the side panels on certain edge:// pages aren’t visible when the window is at a narrow height.
- Fixed an issue where the horizontal scrollbar did not appear on certain pages.
Microsoft is currently developing an entirely new version of their Edge web browser. Edge Insiders are essentially volunteers who opt-into testing early builds of the browser and provide feedback and suggestions throughout the development process.
The Dev Channel receives a build update weekly while the Canary Channel receives daily updates. The Beta Channel gets updates every six weeks or so and is generally considered to be the most-stable version.
Are you an Edge Insider and have you installed the latest update yet? Share your thoughts on it with the community in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Microsoft content.