A new Groove Music app update is on its way out to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring. This new update will bring the app up to version 3.6.2438.0 and it should now be available on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows Holographic devices.
There are several new changes with this release but of note is the new Cortana functionality (she’ll now play music even when none is available locally) and the new integration with Feedback Hub which should help the developers a great deal more when it comes to understanding just how users are using Groove Music.
Here are all of the official release notes:
- Playlists from Your Groove and Explore now get tracked in the recent plays section.
- We updated the app so that it warns you when you’re about to add duplicate content to your playlists.
- If you have a Groove Music Pass, Cortana will now play music by genre even if your collection doesn’t have any music in that genre. Cortana, play ROCK! Cortana will also do a better job when you simply tell her to play music. She’ll play music even if you have zero music in your collection. She’ll pull from Top Music in that case.
- We added a bit more telemetry to the Cortana integration with Groove Music so that we can even better understand when she doesn’t deliver on your requests related to music.
- We updated the app so that it automatically enters full screen mode on the console.
- We updated the Feedback Hub app so that it collects even better information about your collection when you submit feedback about the app.
- We updated the way the app looks for music on SD cards so that discovery is more reliable.
- We made changes to improve local playback…we heard your feedback on issues here.
Have you got this new version of Groove Music yet? Did this update meet your expectations?
Update: The app revision has been delayed, for “a small fix on the previous payload.” We’ll keep you posted when it does become available