Microsoft is rolling out a new set of firmware updates for its ARM-based Surface Pro X devices. There are two sets of updates for both models of the Surface Pro X, meaning those with SQ1 and SQ2 processors are receiving stability improvements and other fixes.
First up, the new Surface Pro X model with the SQ2 processor is getting new firmware updates that improve the overall device stability and reliability. In addition, this batch brings enhancements to the external monitor connection experience and also addresses a variety of issues. You can find the full details below:
- Surface System Aggregator – Firmware: 126.96.36.199 Improves device stability and reliability.
- Qualcomm(R) Wi-Fi B/G/N/AC (2×2) Svc – Network adapters: 1.0.1540.0 Addresses critical security vulnerabilities and improves connection stability.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware: 7.570.140.0 Resolves the external display connection issue, improves device stability and reliability.
- Surface Dock 2 Firmware Update Driver Extension: 188.8.131.52 Enables Surface Dock 2 updates.
- Qualcomm(R) USBC UCSI Participant – System devices: 184.108.40.206 Improves external monitor connection when resuming from hibernate.
- Snapdragon TM X24 LTE Modem – Network adapters: 1.0.1500.0 Resolves update issue where the device cannot receive SMS messages.
- Surface Radio Monitor – System devices: 220.127.116.11 Resolves Device Manager error reporting
- Surface Pro X Peripheral Image Loader Device – System devices: 1.0.1220.0 Merges support for both Surface Pro X SQ1 and SQ2 devices.
The updates for the original Surface Pro X 2-in-1 tablets featuring the SQ1 chipsets are mostly identical, bringing similar external monitor connection improvements and stability fixes to the device. However, the second general clamshell laptop is receiving an additional fix for the Surface Pen BLE LC Adaptation Driver that merges support for both Surface Pro X SQ1 and SQ2 devices. You can check out the changelog for the same below:
- Surface Pen BLE LC Adaptation Driver – Human Interface Devices: 1.0.1500.0 Merges support for both Surface Pro X SQ1 and SQ2 devices.
As always, the June 2021 firmware updates are rolling out gradually to all Surface Pro X owners running Windows 10 version 20H1 or newer, so it’s possible that everyone may not be able to find these updates right away. Microsoft has also released new firmware updates for Surface Book 3 and Surface Laptop 3 devices that include stability improvements and address security issues.