The Dev channel for Microsoft’s Edge Insider browser has received a new update yesterday with the build 184.108.40.206. The Edge team noted that it’s currently in sync with the Chrome 77 release, and there are quite a lot of new features and general improvements for Windows and macOS in this new weekly update.
You can check the full release notes for the latest Edge Dev build below:
New features and behavior:
- Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for the … menu on Mac.
- Added a button to maximize the feedback screenshot editor window.
- Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
- Added group policies to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.
Fixes for improved reliability:
- Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
- Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where the browser crashes on startup.
- Fixed a crash when using the built-in translator.
- Fixed an issue where opening the feedback submission form crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where opening the Settings page sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where sites that use single sign-on sometimes hang the browser.
Fixes for improved behavior:
- Changed where app/website shortcuts are pinned depending on how the app/website is installed.
- Fixed some issues around the shortcut pinned to the Task Bar not showing the proper icon or launching the proper profile.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes whatever address is autocompleted to start loading on its own.
- Fixed an issue where videos on certain sites like Netflix sometimes become hidden.
- Fixed an issue where print preview sometimes doesn’t render all pages.
- Fixed an issue where search engines that have been deleted reappear the next time the browser is opened.
- Fixed an issue where invalid data was being shown in certain form autofill popups (for example, email fields had popups containing generic data that did not contain valid email addresses).
- Fixed an issue where light or dark theme isn’t properly applied to system pages (Favorites, Settings, etc.) on Mac.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the X to close a tab sometimes isn’t visible in dark theme.
- Fixed an issue where sign-in popups sometimes didn’t show the correct window icon and title.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sign-in dialog isn’t big enough to fit its contents.
It's great to have the Edge team publishing detailed changelogs for the Dev channel every week, and it would be nice to get the same details for daily Canary updates at some point. A new Beta channel that gets updated every six weeks is also coming soon, but there's still no word yet on when a Stable version will be ready for Windows and Mac users.