After launching on Windows 10 last week, Candy Crush Soda Saga is now available on Windows Phone and is completely free (though the app does contain in-app purchases). Soda Saga is a sort of sequel/spin-off to the main Candy Crush Saga puzzle game and features a variety of new game modes and candies. The game unfortunately doesn’t feature any Xbox Live integration though it does support Facebook Connect which allows players to compete against their friends playing Candy Crush Soda Saga on other devices.
Here’s a list of all of the game’s features:
- Hundreds of Sodalicious levels
- New Game Modes include: Soda – switch bottles and candies to release purple soda and save the Candy Bears Green Soda – switch and match candies in green soda to turn them into Swedish Fish Frosting – match candies to smash the ice and set the Candy Bears free Honey – match candies next to the honey to release the trapped Candy Bears
- Scrumptious new candies and sublime new combinations: Match 4 candies in a square to make a Swedish Fish Match 7 candies to create the remarkable Coloring Candy New 8th purple Candy that gives instant and powerful effects when matched
- Explore juicy new environments and meet the kookiest characters
- Mouth-watering new graphics, Candy Crush Soda Saga never looked so tasty
- Easy and fun to play, yet challenging to fully master
- For players that Facebook Connect, there are leaderboards for you and your friends to compare your Sodalicious scores
- Easily sync the game between mobile and tablet devices and unlock the full game features when connected to the internet
The original Candy Crush Saga made headlines when it was automatically installed on the majority of Windows 10 devices after upgrading to the new operating system from a previous version of Windows. Thankfully there was a way to remove it for those that had no interest in playing it. Are you a fan of Candy Crush? How do you play the popular puzzle game? Let us know in the comments.