Napster and Rhapsody apps for Windows Phone 8 receive updates, wish you didn’t forget about them
Sure, we have a plethora of app options out there for music and entertainment, but it never hurts to have other options. The official Napster app, which has just made its debut in the Windows Phone Store, along with the official Rhapsody apps, are available for download – offering you an alternative to Microsoft’s Xbox Music, Spotify, and more.
First, lets talk about the official Napster app. “Play any song, anytime with your Windows Phone. Choose from a catalog of millions of tracks, create playlists to download and listen offline, or discover new music with Napster radio,” the app description reads. Here are the key features of this app:
- Listen to downloaded songs, albums, and playlists, even without a connection.
- Build your personal library of favorite songs. Access your music on any Napster device or website.
- Be the first to hear new releases from your favorite artists.
- Explore any genre in depth with stations, new releases and top tracks.
- Relax with Napster radio. Pick from artist, genre, or theme-based stations. No ads!
- See what’s popular on Napster.
- Build playlists on Napster.com and they will automatically appear on your Windows Phone, or choose from playlists curated by the Napster music editors.
The Napster app isn’t as full fledged as other music apps out there, but with this app you can listen to music tracks on your Windows Phone device, as well as on your Xbox 360 with the Napster app, and on Napster’s website.
The app features a free trial of the service, which you can check out when installing the app. The latest version, 126.96.36.199, brings forth Live tiles that show you what’s playing at a glance, the ability to pin your favorite artists, albums, and playlists to your Start Screen, support for wide tiles, and improved player performance and reliability.
On the other hand, you have Rhapsody for Windows Phone 8. “Play any song, anytime with your Windows Phone. Choose from a catalog of millions of tracks, create playlists to download and listen offline, or discover new music with Rhapsody radio,” the app description reads.
This app actually features the same developer as the Napster app – Rhapsody International Inc. In fact, the entire key feature list we mentioned above for the Napster app is the same for the Rhapsody app! Rhapsody acquired Napster back in 2011, so we can see why there are two apps. Although, it is probably best to stick with the Napster app since it is newer, but that is for you to decide. The Rhapsody app was recently updated to version 188.8.131.52.
Hit the download links below to snag both apps. Let us know if you like them!Napster, Rhapsody, Windows Phone