Movie Creator: An exciting new app from Microsoft to help capture and share special moments
Step aside Video Tuner and Movie Moments, there is a new Microsoft movie creator app available in the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store. Microsoft has just released Movie Creator Beta for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1, touting this app as the perfect app to quickly edit and share your own home movies to friends or family members.
“Movie Creator BETA, launching today, makes it easy to quickly edit and share your own home movies right from your Windows phone or tablet. Movie Creator BETA saves time by removing the less-important decisions from the editing process, while providing must-have, high-quality features,” a Microsoft spokesperson told WinBeta.
Here are the key features of the app:
- Unlimited length. While other editing apps require in-app purchases to unlock longer videos, Movie Creator BETA offers free editing of up to 25 videos, photos or Cinemagraphs with no length limitations. No other application offers this level of flexible editing and unlimited length for free – most require extensive subscriptions to unlock more source files and longer videos
- Customizable experience. Movie Creator BETA is the only mobile video editor that allows you to pan and zoom video clips – something frequently seen in documentaries. You can also adjust the resolution of your video and personalize your creations with music, captions, and a variety of themes to match your movie topic
- Choose from various themes. Movie Creator BETA offers a variety of themes to help you personalize your video, including a selection of branded themes featuring characters from popular DreamWorks animated movies like “Madagascar” and “Kung Fu Panda”
- Cross-device experience. The Movie Creator BETA app is optimized for use across the entire range of Lumia 8.1 devices – from the affordable Lumia 530 to the flagship Lumia 1520 – as well as the Surface Pro 3 tablet
- Edit and Share with Ease: Movie Creator BETA produces files that live on the device instead of requiring an upload to a third-party server. It’s quick and easy to share your videos via email, web or directly to Facebook
With this app, you are the movie director. You can edit the length of your footage, freely move various clips into different places on the timeline, add text cards, captions, filters, pan and zome, and much more. There are also several pre-installed themes to add a little extra spice to your video.
The app is available for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1, via the download link below. Enjoy.Microsoft, Windows Phone