Mojang is revving up their Minecraft build as they prepare to head out to Minecon. The most recent snapshot tagged 16W36A is mostly just bug fixes, but what a list of bugs there was. A whopping total of eighteen bugs were squashed with the snapshot including correcting some animations, recovering sign data when broken, and fixing the smelting with lava buckets.
Here is a full list of the bugs fixed in Snapshot 16W36A:
- [Bug MC-29544] – Particles from falling/landing/sprinting on leaves do not use foliage color
- [Bug MC-41270] – Resourcepack’s glyph_sizes.bin and some unicode_pages are only loaded on startup
- [Bug MC-83905] – Compass animates incorrectly
- [Bug MC-95460] – Compass needle spins only in lower half randomly in the End and Nether
- [Bug MC-96463] – UV mapping in cross.json and tinted_cross.json models is incorrect / South face of crossed textures of saplings, plants, etc. is mirrored
- [Bug MC-101555] – Resource pack fails to load when the itemframe blockstate is multipart
- [Bug MC-103550] – Malformed ping packet from server crashes client
- [Bug MC-105886] – World File Names Containing Brackets Will Not Load Packaged Resource Packs
- [Bug MC-105978] – Lingering Potions lose their effect when thrown in survival
- [Bug MC-105982] – Placing a sign that was in a stack of 1 causes it to lose it’s data
- [Bug MC-106046] – Lava bucket gets used up in smelting
- [Bug MC-106084] – Passengers do not upgrade correctly from old versions
- [Bug MC-106314] – Don’t know what stat.killEntity.Creeper is
- [Bug MC-106485] – Crafted Banner applied to a Shield defaults color to black/doesn’t change the shield
- [Bug MC-106536] – The block model of bone blocks lacks some cullface definitions
- [Bug MC-106665] – Pause on lost focus inconsistent spelling.
- [Bug MC-106675] – Command feedback inconsistency.
- [Bug MC-106708] – Block Model Random Offset Compatibility
This update is a relative letdown compared to the previous snapshot which at least contained some featured changes. As usual, be careful to update to any Minecraft snapshot update as it could potentially corrupt your game’s data.
The anticipated 1.11 build for Minecraft will officially be announced at Mojang’s Minecon event, where they’ll be showing off all the new features for the release. Even the name of the upcoming update hasn’t been revealed yet. Jeb, a developer of Mojang, did confirm that build 1.11 will be slightly bigger than 1.10 (also known as The Frostburn Update), but still relatively small.
@techcomputer082 1.11 will be slightly bigger than 1.10, but still a relatively small update
— Jens Bergensten (@jeb_) August 10, 2016
This could be the last snapshot before the big event, but nothing is for certain as Mojang has been known to sneak in a few more at the last minute. It’s only two more weeks until Minecon and fans are excited to attend the event in Anaheim, CA on September 24 and 25.