MobiWire Unveils Secure Business Phone Portfolio With Embedded Mobile Security
World’s first AndroidTM mobile phone with strong security to be launched in Q2 2011
Paris, France – 14 February 2011: MobiWire today unveiled a portfolio of secure business phones with embedded security for voice, SMS, data and on-device encryption. The secure voice phone and secure data smartphone are the first mobile devices to offer fully integrated protection against stolen terminals, eavesdropping of voice and SMS, and data theft through attacks via WiFi and Bluetooth. The secure data smartphone will be the first AndroidTM mobile phone in the world to offer strong security across every kind of communication. The secure phone solution has been co-developed with secure communications specialists ERCOM following a strategic partnership announced in December 2010.
Targeted at corporations and government organisations, these devices are part of a full security solution that provides secure data access to corporate servers, including email, intranet and file servers. A “Trusted Market” on-device app store replaces the public AndroidTM Market store with a secure and private market of trusted applications certified and approved by an enterprises corporate IT team. The secure communications are fully controlled, hosted and administered by the customer’s own IT department.
“Mobile security is a recurring, and ever increasing, concern for businesses and government organisations. However, while mobile data security has become mass market thanks to mobile email, voice and SMS have remained vulnerable to eavesdropping,” said Frederic Farago, VP Connected Industrial Applications at MobiWire. “The ‘keys’ to the security solution have to lie with the IT department, not with a vendor or service provider. By designing and building in security, the new MobiWire secure phones provide a fully secure corporate communication system that is 100 per cent controlled by the IT department.”
The secure business phones are based on the CryptosmartTM embedded security engine from ERCOM and MobiWire’s patented User Interface software, Core UX. The built-in security, which cannot be removed from the device or tampered with, offers deep security with its high grade encryption of local data and signature algorithms. The co-developed mobile security solution provides strong authentication and embedded Common Criteria certified security across multiple kinds of devices, all able to run within the same security group through a single secure gateway.
The Cryptosmart encryption engine is comprised of a Cryptosmart microSD (including both a crypto processor and Java applet), a Cryptosmart CardManager for PC, and a Cryptosmart Gateway that is hosted behind the corporate firewall. The Cryptosmart Gateway provides a secure interface with the corporate PBX system, intranet and mail servers and the private Trusted Market store of applications owned and trusted by the IT department.
Secure Voice Phone main features:
– Connectivity: 3G HSPA– 900/2100; 2G EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; Bluetooth 2.1
– Operating System: Proprietary Real Time OS
– Multimedia: MP3 & FM radio players; video player; 1.3 MPx camera
– Screen: 2.2’’, 240x320Px
– Dimensions: 112 x 49 x 13mm
– Weight : 95g
Secure Data Smartphone main features:
– Connectivity: 3G HSDPA– 900/2100; 2G EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; Bluetooth 2.0
– Operating System: Android Eclair
– Multimedia: MP3 & FM radio players; video player; 3.2MPx camera
– Screen: 2.8’’ capacitive touch, QVGA
– Dimensions: 106.3 x 56 x 13.5mm
– Weight : 95g
CryptosmartTM main features:
– Smart Card: Giesecke & Devrient Mobile Security Card microSD, Common Criteria EAL5+ certified (ISO 15408); includes mass storage flash memory
– Cryptosmart applet in Smart card: common criteria EAL4+ certification in progress (ISO 15408); 3rd party application support, PKCS#11 API for RSA 2048
– Certificate exchange: AES 256 encryption for anonymity
– Common secret exchange: Diffie-Hellman algorithm (2048 bits); RSA encryption (2048 bits)
– Secure access to LAN-WAN: TCP/IP for wireless networks supporting IP > 10kbps
– Data encryption: data, voice and SMS communication – AES 256, key renewal for each communication or session
– Mobile protection: Remote terminal erasing, even if Smart Card removed; Single Sign On with GSM PIN code securely stored and accessed through Cryptosmart security code
Cryptosmart is a trademark of ERCOM. Use of Cryptosmart and ERCOM trademarks is not permitted without written authorization from ERCOM